Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Five: Before Your Time

From Friday5.org.

Of television programs that aired before you were born, what’s your favorite?

Hee. Quantam Leap. I am such a nerd. I also have the love for Kolchak: The Night Stalker and the Twilight Zone.

What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city?
On LI, the Roosevelt family lived near our house in Sayville. I'm not sure there are any historical people from my current city. It's a fairly new development.

What’s a story that’s often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?

My dad was in a rock band when he was a teenager. True story.

Which of previous generations’ dumb mistakes (in deed or thought) baffles you the most?

I am not really baffled by anything the previous generation has done. There is always some sort of rationale, be it misinformed or unfounded. Maybe hormones in beef products?

What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to?
I am loving the styles of the early sixties. Maybe it's because the actresses on Mad Men look so fantastic in their wardrobe, but I want those clothes. I don't want much of anything else from the good ol' days.

Newer Post Older Post Home