Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Five: Metaphors Be With You

From Friday5.org.

When you go to the beach, lake, or pool, are you more likely to lower yourself gradually into cold water or to take a determined plunge and get it over with?

I do a cannonball right into the water. I am such a five-year-old sometimes.

How is this like (or unlike) your approach to other tasks or ordeals?
I think I do plunge right into my work. This is not to say I don't have a plan, but I do like to immerse myself in the task ahead of me.

When someone gives you flowers, are you more likely to let them turn completely brown and gross before throwing them out, or to discard them the moment they take on that sick-flower look?

Neither. I dry the flowers that mean something a little more to me so that they were last longer (I still have my high school graduation roses and the yellow rose my best friend gave me). Other bouquets I keep until they start to wilt, then I trash them. The sentiment of receiving a gift means more than the physical flowers.

How is this like (or unlike) your approach to other gifts, purchases, or relationships?

I think I do cherish some things, but I am not particularly attached to stuff. I'm no pack-rat. At the same time, I still have the ID bracelet my first boyfriend and first kiss gave me, and a gorgeous porcelain doll collection that my grandmother gave me. they're important to me because of who gave them to me, not because I am a collector.

Think of your favorite movie (or a movie you really like, if you can’t think of a favorite). Some people say that the reasons you love your favorite movie are related to what you value in romantic relationships. How is this true or untrue in your case?

Oh, maaaaan. My favorite movies are Jurassic Park, the Italian Job and (for my romantic flick pick) When Harry Met Sally. What does that say about me?

Newer Post Older Post Home