Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Five: Bad Food

From Friday5.org.

What was the last meal that caused you to be ill?

Ahahaha! Two nights ago I made leftover rice, and it was nasty and I was sick.

Are there any places you never dine anymore because of a bad experience hours after the meal?

Pizza hut. But, oh man, it is so delicious.

What’s your prescription for dealing with a food-caused illness?


Pepto Bismal tablets and lots of water. And a nap. With a garbage pail.

When friends tell you about coming down with food-caused illnesses, do you avoid the places they name, or do you figure it’s a dice-roll wherever you go?

Eh, I think food-poisoning is more often caused by something wrong with an individual meal. I don't eat out often as it is, and I won't fault a place because of one bad food experience. I used to work in food preparation, so I know what goes on behind the scenes.

After numerous citations, a very, very popular restaurant that you’re quite fond of is shut down by the health department until it can get everything up to code. When the health department gives the restaurant the o.k. to reopen, do you go?

Sure. But I would see if the people were were formerly in charge have been removed. The problem will keep coming back if the issue is with the management, and if things were bad enough to shut down the restaurant, it likely was.

0 comments: to “ Friday Five: Bad Food

Newer Post Older Post Home