1. Where can you get some really good pancakes?
There is this diner, probably the only diner in metro-Atlanta, and they make the most amazing pancakes. Waffle House is pretty good, but nothing beats a breakfast at a real diner.
2. How do you like your pancakes?
Slathered with butter and syrup. Yum!
3. What’s your theory on why restaurant waffles are so much more expensive than pancakes?
They are aerodynamically designed, and although they may use an equal amount of batter, the empty space in the waffle design gives them the perfect crunchy-buttery ratio.
4. The pancake chef is going whip up a batch of the most interesting, creative pancake invention you can imagine. What will you order?
I'd love a sweet-spicy pancake--maybe something like an Apple Spice with Cayenne and lots of butter and sweet apple jam to go on top.
5. When was the last time someone made you pancakes, not counting visits to restaurants?
Last week. I made buttermilk pancakes from scratch because I ran out of the instant mix. I didn't have buttermilk either, so I used milk with lemon. They were delicious.
Friday, April 4, 2008