Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Five: Overuse

From http://friday5.org.

What’s a buzzword or catchphrase that gets overused at your workplace or in your classes?
"Friend" as a verb. I still hear, "Can I friend you on facebook?" and "I am going to friend you later!" It began four years ago when facebook became huge on the BU campus, and now it is part of our vocabulary. Admittedly, I say it, too.

What item in your house has seen too much use lately?

I've gone through at least three pens in the past week from taking notes and editing my papers. I do most of my editing on the computer, but there is nothing like editing a paper by hand.

What’s a word or phrase your friends would ask you to use a lot less, if you were to ask their opinion?

I think I say "sweet" too much, and I know my brother doesn't like it when I say "sweet." Apparently, I am too old to use it. Now I know what it's like when I rolled my eyes at my mom for saying "cool" when I was a kid.

What’s something in your life that’s pretty much been used up and needs replacing?

My favorite blue shirt. It is so grody, but so comfortable. I wear it as a nightshirt now.

In what way have you been overused lately?

I've been reading a few of my friends papers and cover letters, but I don't mind. I enjoy it.

0 comments: to “ Friday Five: Overuse

Newer Post Older Post Home