Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Big New Year's Update

I hope you all had a very happy New Year. I kept mine pretty low-key this year. I was invited to a couple of parties, but by the time I got home, I was so tired I decided to order in and watch a couple of movies.

I saw The Fall, which is by the same director behind one of my favorite visually stunning flicks The Cell. It has Lee Pace in it, and he is very good--and very different from his role as the charming pie maker who can wake the dead.

This morning I slept in and enjoyed waking after the sun rise. I organized my desktop, cleaned my room, and set up my to-do list for the weekend. It's nice to have some time off. I took a vacation over Christmas, but I spent it at my parents. As wonderful as it is to see my family, they are very tiring!

We went up to my dad's cabin for the holiday. My dad is a contractor, and he has been working on this cabin as a pet project for the past three years or so. It is just about done, and so my parents decided to host Christmas at the cabin in the middle of the woods. It was very neat! No snow, but the weather was gorgeous. Little Brother set up a swing in the backyard, and he and the Monster Puppy had a blast getting lost in the woods (although he was a little disappointed he couldn't play World of Warcraft because there was no Internet).

I think the big plan is for my parents to retire up there, but that won't be for many, many years. In the mean time, they said I can go up there whenever I want. Sweet!

I was very happy to return to work this week. We have a few big projects ahead of us, and I am excited to get started on them. Come January 10, I will have been with Edelman for two months, and I hope to stick around for many more.

2009 looks like it will be a good year for me, and I hope yours are, too!

2 comments: to “ The Big New Year's Update

Newer Post Older Post Home