Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lovin' It

I'm a bad, bad blogger, I know. :)

I have been so caught up in vacation, the holiday and work, that I have fallen behind on writing entries. I don't even log on my instant messenger any more--my college friends have started to get worried!

Work has been a blast (and educational, too, of course). Our focus is on Fashion and Entertainment, and I have learned more about fashion in the past month than I ever did before. In addition to the usual PR duties, I write the fashion blog at Who's In Fashion TV. My sense of style has benefitted considerably.

You know, fashion is not all about the brands, but how you pull off an outfit and make it your own. When I went through my goth-emo-punk phase in high school, I did everything I could to avoid fashion fads. (Looking back at old photos makes me cringe--some of my "looks" were plain ugly.) At the same time, my 15 year old self was so jealous of the girls who came to school in clothes that seemed so put together, they must have been expensive.

But that's not what the industry is about at all. Sure, you can page through magazines with dresses that, "If you have to ask, you can't afford them." On the other hand, I have been introduced to so many new, independent designers who are artists in the clothes they create. Pieces come together in eye-catching ensembles that make you think, wow, I want to wear that.

I'm very surprised in myself for taking all this in. Who would have guessed that I would be writing a fashion blog and working in the entertainment industry?

I'm loving it, though, and that's what's important.

0 comments: to “ Lovin' It

Newer Post Older Post Home