Thursday, June 5, 2008

Heartbreaking

The job search continues--I have another interview scheduled for this Monday. I am anxious, but looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I found this link via Feministe.

Coco Wang launched a comic series chronicling both empowering and heartbreaking stories from the recent devastating earthquake in China. The artwork is beautiful, and the stories had me in tears. In the introducition, Wang writes,

"The amount of incredibly moving stories of victims, rescuers, volunteers is simply shocking at the moment. I have been collecting newspapers of all the stories, and telling them in the form of comic strips. I hope these stories could show the UK readers the love, warmth and courage of the Chinese people, also the sad and cruel reality of the horrible 5.12 Earthquake."

You can see the comics yourself here.

0 comments: to “ Heartbreaking

Newer Post Older Post Home