Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Five: Forgetfulness

From Friday5.org.

What piece of information do you keep forgetting?
I forget names sometimes. I am usually okay with names, but there are at least a handful of people whose names I can never remember. I have to play the "Hey you!" game, or when the opportunity arises, ask them to "spell" their name for me. Once, I asked a girl named Mary to "spell" her name for me, and she definitely caught on to me.

What regular event in your life do you keep forgetting?
Oh! I forgot to pick up my brother from school a couple weeks ago! It was so weird, because I had been picking him up over the past few weeks. He was so mad, but my mom got him on the way back from work, and disaster was deterred. I have a pretty good memory, so I don't forget things often.

How are you with remembering the names of people you meet?
Addressed above. I am usually okay, and if I forget the name of someone whom I've just met, I will be upfront about it, but there are a few people who fall in the acquaintance circle whose names I just cannot remember.

What kinds of tricks to you have for remembering to do stuff that falls outside your regular routine?
I make up rhymes or codes and other mnemonic devices. I am often quite pleased with myself for my little rhymes and reminders.

If you keep a daily planner, what is it like? If you don’t, why not?
I just started a new planner. It's in a small notebook my friend gave me, and I write down important dates, phone numbers, etc. It's not particularly organized, but it has been much more useful to me than a "real" planner. Before I started using the notebook, I used sticky notes: Lots and lots of sticky notes. The desk at more dorm would be covered in them.

Newer Post Older Post Home