Saturday, April 12, 2008

FutureMe.org

When I turned 18, I wrote a letter to my future daughter or son on their 18th birthday. The idea came from a friend who had done the same thing, and the letter is filled with my thoughts, advice and ramblings to my future offspring when they turn 18. The letter is hand-written, sealed in an envelop and hidden somewhere in my old bedroom.

It's a neat concept--like the past is speaking to the future. I wonder if my potential kids will read the letter and think, Wow, Mom, you were such a dork! Or maybe they'll appreciate the efforts. I would think it was neat, at least.

The boys over at FutureMe.org have the same idea. They devised a program that allows you to write a letter to your future self, to be delivered days, months and even years in the future via email. The site has been around for a while, and creators Matt Sly and Jay Patrikios have even collected the best public but anonymous letters and put them into a book available through the site. It's a very cool concept.

What would you write to your future self?

Site found via James at The Ink.

0 comments: to “ FutureMe.org

Newer Post Older Post Home