Friday, April 11, 2008

The Friday Five: Change

This week I grabbed the Friday Five questions from the livejournal community. I didn't like the ones on the website.

1. If you had the ability to legally change your name, would you? To what?
Holly Wood. Okay, no, I wouldn't--although I did have a huge crush on a boy who's last name was Wood in high school. I don't want to change my name. I like being "Holly, the Great," and the image of the Holly plant works so nicely with my personal branding.

2. What do you with with change that you receive from banks/purchases/find on the ground?
It ends up in my pen draw. I have a bin filled with loose change. The quarters will pay for my laundry, but everything else gets collected over a year and come May I will go down to CoinStar and put it on a gift card. It's like a surprise present for myself.

3. If you could travel back in time to change the course of one historical event, what event would it be?
I've seen too many sci-fi movies, and the answer to that is that I would go back and prevent the time machine from being made in the first place so no harm could be done to the future. What's done is done, and I think it is important to learn from mistakes and not regret them.

4. Would you rather live a safe, stable, moderately interesting life or one where every day was dangerous, volatile, and different?

Oh, man, I can only choose one? I think I would choose the stable life, but with the caveat that I could dream and write about the volatile one.

5. What do you think you'll be remembered for when you die and, if you could, would you change it to something else?
Hopefully, I would be remembered for the good things I've done. I hope to help change the world, inspire my peers and live a rich, happy life. If I have that, I would be pleased, and I don't much mind what I am remembered for when I am gone as long as it positively inspires other young women.

0 comments: to “ The Friday Five: Change

Newer Post Older Post Home