Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Five

From http://friday5.org.

1. How and when did you learn to swim?

I think I started to learn around preschool. My cousins had a pool, and we'd all go swimming. Plus, there was the beach and the lake nearby. I lived on an island as a kid, and it was pretty important that you know how to swim.

2. How and when did you learn to drive?

I was 15, and my dad took me to the parking lot behind the grocery store.

3. How and when did you learn to tie your shoelaces?

Ooh! I was seven and I finally learned how to do it myself by tying the bows on my dolls. I remember I did it and I was so proud of myself I ran into the kitchen to show my mom.

4. How and when did you learn to cook?

I was five or six when my grandmother started teaching me how to make meatballs and red gravy.

5. How and when did you learn to type?

Elementary school on those big, clunky Macs. We would use Mavis Beacon, and in the last few minutes of class we were allowed to play Oregon Trail. Score.

0 comments: to “ Friday Five

Newer Post Older Post Home