Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Writers strike.

I was disapointed last night when I flicked through the channels and, alas, there wasn't a new episode of Jon Stewart. Selfishly, I am more worried about Heroes and my other shows, but I can't say I don't agree with the writers.

The internet is so amazingly new, that we have no idea what to do with it. The networks, however, have found away to circumvent video pirating and make a profit off of those of us who just can't stay awake long enough to watch Gray's Anatomy all the way through. Video sponsorship on the network websites was an absolute brilliant idea, and I would much rather sit through a thirty-second commercial than risk downloading the program three days later. Unfortunately, the networks forgot that, hey, maybe the writers want a piece of that online action.

It is so difficult to set copyright law over the internet, but I think this is pretty clear cut. The networks are making money off DVD sales and online sponsorship, and writers aren't seeing a penny. It is absolutely necessary that the studios renegotiate with the writers guild, and soon!

Because Peter just met Adam and I need to know what happens next, please.

0 comments: to “ Writers strike.

Newer Post Older Post Home