Monday, November 5, 2007

Not-A-Roni

I was absolutely craving Pasta-roni (TM) with my dinner tonight. Alas, I hadn't a single box in my dorm's kitchen, and it was way too cold for me to trek to Shaws. So, I decided to make my own Pasta-roni (TM), and this is the delicious awesomeness that resulted.

Not-A-Roni

2 TBL butter
1 TBL flour
1.5 c. water
.5 c. milk
1 tsp chicken boullion (or one cube)
4 oz (about 1/4 package--I just used what was left in the box) linguini or fettucini broken to half-length.
Spices to taste

1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once it has melted, add the flour and mix until it's coated.

2. Add the milk, water, boullion and pasta. Crank up the heat to medium and bring to a boil. While you're waiting, add the spices. I used garlic salt and oregano, probably about half a teaspoon each--I just eyeball it.

3. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Let simmer for about 10-12 minutes. I checked on it a few times and stirred to make sure nothing was sticking to the bottom. I also tested the pasta at around 10 minutes to see if it was soft.

4. When done, turn off the heat and let it rest for a couple minutes so the sauce can thicken. Then you are finished with a delicious fake san francisco treat.

Servings: 4



Yum, so delicious!

0 comments: to “ Not-A-Roni

Newer Post Older Post Home