Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Five

What is...

1. one place you volunteer (or would like to)? Why?

I helpout with a few literary projects when I can, but I haven't been able to recently. I'd love to volunteer at the animal shelter back home over the summer. The sistergirl and I had tried to when we were in high school. She loved it.

2. one book you'd like to see made into a movie? Why?

I can't wait for His Dark Materials to be in theatres--I've wanted a film version since I first read the books and it looks like they are doing an amazing job. My Sister's Keeper will be great, too. Really, I like to keep books and movies separate. Pictures and words just work differently, and it is very hard to compare the two (book vs. movie). I'd rather enjoy a film than compare it to a book.

3. one creature (living, extinct, or mythical) you'd like for a pet? Why?

I want a firelizard. One of those little telepathic dragons from Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider books. I remember reading the Harper Hall trilogy as a kid and when Menolly found the little firelizards, I though it was so cool.

4. one place on Earth you'd like to visit? Why?

All of it. I'd love to see China right now. I've been studying East Asia for the past three years, but I haven't seen any of it in person.

5. one talent or skill you'd like to develop? Why?

I'd like to learn how to juggle. My boss tried to teacjme when I ran the toy cart at the museum, but I totally failed at it.

0 comments: to “ Friday Five

Newer Post Older Post Home