Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Five

1. What is one food (or meal) you used to hate but now love?

Almonds. I hated them for 20 years (I may have been convinced that eating one would poison me, and reading Germs, Guns and Steel did not help). Last year I tried one while I was baking cookies, and I discovered I really liked them.

2. If you had to give up one of your favorite foods (or meals) for good, what would it be, and why?

Oh no! I have so many favorite foods, and I wouldn't want to give any of them up. I suppose I could give up ice cream since it is so unhealthy, but would that mean I have to give up Glace and Sherbet, too? I could give up burgers, but only if I was still allowed to have chopmeat for meatballs and meatloaf.

3. Which food seems like it should be healthy and isn't, and do you eat it? Why?

Chocolate. Yum. Actually, I've just discovered this all-natural brand of chocolate that has less sugar and other icky things, but still tastes like real chocolate.

4. If you were an item of food, personified, what would you be and why?

I think I would be a turkey club. Delicious and comforting, but you can dress me up and serve me at a classy restaurant, too.

5. You've seen tomatoes and pies used for this purpose... now think of a more inventive item of food one could throw at someone. What is it and why would throwing it at someone be hilarious?

Meatballs! But as they were being thrown, that song "On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese..." would have to play in the background. Meatballs are great because they are like delicious, gravy-covered snowballs.

You know, I passed a girl on the street the other day, and she was singing that song. It was strange, and for the rest of the day I had it stuck in my head!

0 comments: to “ Friday Five

Newer Post Older Post Home