Thursday, October 2, 2008

Interview Me

I snagged this Interview meme from Cynthia_French at livejournal. She is a slam poet, artist and roller girl, and she asked me these great questions.

Here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. Was there a particular reason you friended me on live journal?

I follow Cynthia French because she is an amazingly talented slam poet. I love slam, and I think it can be an extremely powerful artform. My alma mater had an impressive slam team, and the performances were fantastic. After seeing my friend Samer perform, I decided to check out the online slam community, and I came across Cynthia's blog.

2. What do you want your prize novel to be about?

I have a library of stories in my head, many of which are young adult novels. I currently have three stories that are plotted out, and one that is written through the third chapter. I often have to put them on the back burner, but I am confident that I will complete them and pitch them to a literary agent.

I read a lot as a kid, and my favorite books were fantasy and modern fantasy novels. If you take a look at my summer reading list, you'll find more of the same. My prize novel will likely be fantasy, too. The story I am currently writing is a modern fantasy that takes place in a small town outside Charlotte, North Carolina, but that is all the information you'll get.

3. What's your favorite book and how many times have you read it?

This is a tie between Jurassic Park (six or seven times) and Where the Heart Is (three times). I am also partial to Galveston (three times), The Last Unicorn (five times) and The Monster at the End of the Book (eleventy billion times growing up).

4. Is there a book that's been made into a movie that you've enjoyed? Was the movie true to the book?

I enjoy most books-to-movies. I like to view the book and the film as separate entities, and if the movie is not exactly like the book, I am cool with that. I liked Stardust, by Neil Gaiman. It was mostly true, with a few things changed to help the pace. Oh, The Last Unicorn is classic: that was a brilliant adaption.

5. What are you focused on right now in your life?

I am focused on getting a job. I recently left the firm I was with to pursue other opportunities, and I have been applying to different positions. My dream position right now would be with an international PR firm as a junior account executive, and that is what I am looking for. I know I am good at what I do, and I am proud of my accomplishments, but that perfect position won't come to me, so I am actively scouring the web, want ads and company websites.

1 comments: to “ Interview Me

  • Bombchell
    2:27 AM  

    this is pretty interesting.

    i know I'll never do many things that require posting on my own blog. lol wish peoples instructions said "in my comments" that "on your blog"

    I've always loved reading since i was a kid, but i started with romance (except for Nancy Drew & Comics), and i cant make myself read anything else =/ sad lol.

Newer Post Older Post Home