Sunday, February 10, 2008

Journals

Fellow student Hannah () wrote an interesting commentary on a New York Times article about journals. She says:

"...the online journal is a strange thing. There is the "blog," which is written completely for an audience and expects comments, questions, fans. But I think most people here, or at least most of you on my friends list, just write because you feel compelled to. It's because we're writers. Likely, some of you feel the same way I do about the therapeutic, figuring-out-your-psyche benefits of it. So why do we publish? Often when I read my friends' page, an entry will catch my eye and I'll have something to say about it. "

You can read more here. She makes some very good points, several of which I would like to comment on as soon as I finish my research for class.

0 comments: to “ Journals

Newer Post Older Post Home