Friday, February 1, 2008

The Friday Five

01. What types of portable audio devices do you use?

I had an iPod mini for the longest time. I loved it, but the battery failed around Christmas of last year. My parents took pity on my and bought a pink iPod Nano. It's fantastic, and I still own it. My grandparents decided to splurge on me this year, though, and as a Christmas-Graduation present, they bought me the iPod Touch I had been coveting. I had actually been saving up to buy one myself, so it was a complete surprise, and that money went into the "I really ought to pay off my loads" fund. Oh! Freshman year of college, I had a CD player I carried around. This was just when iPods came out. I loved that CD player. It was huge compared to mp3 players. Technology is amazing, isn't it?

02. What format of music do you listen to most often?

The default Apple format. I am not particularly music-format-savvy. As long as I can listen to my Hanson on the T, I am good.

03. How do you get your electronic music files? (pay service [i.e Napster, iTunes, eMusic, etc.], file sharing, artist/label web sites, etc.)

I buy CDs, buy from the iTunes store, or walk over to my roommates room and ask her if I can download that Backstreet Boys song I heard her listening to onto my flash drive. I have no interest in opening up my computer to filesharing, and I absolutely agree with the record companies on their goal to protect copyright. However! I do not approve of their methods, namely making martyrs of college students.

04. What type of headphones do you use?

Ear buds.

05. What is currently on your portable music player that you are using?

Hanson. Dido, Riley Kiley, Michelle Branch. A lot of Lilith Rock, really. And Hanson. ;)

0 comments: to “ The Friday Five

Newer Post Older Post Home